Abstract Information & Submission Page
ABSTRACT REVIEW IS UNDERWAY BUT LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALSO ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS EXTENDED TO JUNE 15TH!
We have received many abstracts which promise oral and poster presentations of outstanding caliber. The WICC 2019 Scientific Committee is coordinating abstract review and will be in touch with those who have submitted by mid June to inform submissions of their success and will provide next steps. Late submissions may still be accepted through consultation and communications with Conference Coordinator Vernon Chiefmoon and Conference Chair Dr. Angeline Letendre.
At this time we are inviting abstract submissions for poster presentations until June 15th.
The theme for the conference is ‘Respect, Reconciliation, and Reciprocity: Connecting Across Knowledge Systems’.
The following topic areas are suggested as guidelines however abstracts across the full spectrum of cancer research with Indigenous peoples are welcome. While we invite scientific abstracts from practitioners, allied health professionals, researchers, community health workers, and Indigenous communities, we are also seeking submissions from knowledge users and advocates.
Suggested category areas:
TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT:
Abstracts are to be submitted using an on-line process below.
- During the process, you will be asked to upload your abstract. Please prepare your abstract using the template below.
- You can upload your abstract as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Your abstract should be no longer than 300 words, including sub-headings (if any). To assist your preparation, abstracts may be structured under sub-headings. For example, Background/Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusion. Or Background, What was done, Lessons learned/Outcomes.
- The abstract should provide the context or summary of your proposed presentation.
- Please indicate your presentation preference (oral, poster or panel) and the category in which you would like your abstract to be submitted. If you are unsure as to the best category, simply select the ‘other’ option and specify.
During the on-line abstract submission process, authors will be asked to agree to the following abstract submission terms:
- All communication regarding abstract submission(s) will be sent only to the author submitting the abstract/s.
- A maximum of two (2) papers/abstracts can be presented as the lead author at the conference by an author.
- Abstract submissions must follow the format of the template and be not more than 300 words, including sub-headings (if any). To assist your preparation, abstracts should be structured under sub-headings. For example, Background/Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusion. Or Background, What was done, Lessons learned/Outcomes. (Example attached)
- I/we consent to the publication of all submission(s) in conference publications which may include, but are not limited to, the conference website, program, abstract book/app and other publications.
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute acceptance of the abstract for presentation at the conference.
- Authors of abstracts selected for presentation at the conference will be notified prior June 1, 2019. A presenting author for each abstract must register for the conference as a full delegate and pay the applicable registrations on or before Friday, June 28, 2019. If the presenting author is not registered by this time, the abstract/paper will be removed from the conference program.
- I/we agree that submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of reviewers and that their decisions are final.
Pre-conference workshops will be held on Monday, September 16, 2019. Expressions of interest for workshop topics and formats will be called in May after the “Call for Abstracts”.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR ABSTRACT FOR THE CONFERENCE (Template below):
WICC 2019 Abstract Submission Form: